WEEK OF THE GAME: Mocs continues preparations for the opening of SoCon
STATISTICS | SCHEDULE | TICKETS
CHATTANOOGA — The 19th-seeded Chattanooga Mocs took a week to get back into shape, recuperate and start preparing for the opening of the South Conference game. The next eight weeks will define the 2021 season which begins on Saturday at Finley Stadium against Western Carolina.
Kick-off is scheduled for 1:30 p.m., with a host of promotions and events. It’s a “White Out” game with fans encouraged to wear white t-shirts, polo shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts … whatever they feel comfortable in within the limits of good taste ( i.e. no white jerseys, keep it for wrestling season).
It is also the day of the group. Over 500 students from the region’s high school orchestra will join the Marching Mocs for the day. Team up with UTC Family Weekend and campus bustle with activities around the game.
❕ 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐋𝐄𝐘 ❕
– Chattanooga Football (@GoMocsFB) September 27, 2021
The Mocs’ week off came after a near miss in Kentucky. The 28-23 margin is the closest this season for the Wildcats, which is impressive as they are atop the SEC with Georgia at 2-0. The Catamounts will release their claws at 0-4, 0-1 in SoCon. In their three FCS, they led late in the third quarter or early in the fourth against Eastern Kentucky, Samford and Gardner-Webb.
Today’s weekly press conference featured Coach Rusty wright with junior McClendon Curtis (OL) and senior Jordan jones (DB). Curtis had some important news in the morning before the press conference.
– Chattanooga Mocs (@GoMocs) September 28, 2021
3 NOTES TO KNOW
- 21-23 in the opening games of the Southern Conference … 11-7 at home … 3-1 against Western Carolina (2-0 at home).
- Chattanooga is 52-37-1 (.583) all-time after the off week. Won the last four and six of the last seven. 2-0 under the coach Rusty wright. Wright’s first came on October 17, 2019 in a 16-13 Thursday night win over ETSU and the second came at No.11 Furman, 20-18 (3/20/21).
- 13 of the 20 games under Rusty wright had a Mocs rider who surpassed the milestone of the century (14 times in total).
In-home tickets are available by calling (423) 266-MOCS (6627) or online here at GoMocs.com. Fans can also go via the GoMocs app available on Android and Apple IOS devices in their respective app stores.
TV – ESPN +: Chris Goforth (PxP), Scott McMahen (Analysis) & Dave Keylon (Sideline)
Radio – WFLI 97.7 FM / 1070 AM: Jim Reynolds (PxP), Todd Agne (Analysis) & Will Poindexter (Sideline)
Listen Live – The radio broadcast is available for free online at GoMocs.com and on the Varsity Network app
GoMocs.com is the official website of the Chattanooga Mocs. Purchase officially licensed material from our online shop. The Mocs can also be followed on their official website Facebook page or on Twitter. Find out how to join the Mocs Club and support more than 300 student-athletes by clicking here.