Global B2B E-commerce Market Analysis Report 2022:
Dublin, Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global B2B E-Commerce Market 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
After accelerating in the pandemic era, digital B2B e-commerce channels around the world continue to thrive
The pandemic era has led to greater adoption of B2B e-commerce among B2B buyers and sellers. Starting in 2022, most B2B sellers have moved their operations online, as noted in the report.
This increase in adoption is expected to increase B2B e-commerce sales globally by 2027. Not only do B2B buyers use digital channels to research and purchase products and services, but the majority of buyers also use digital platforms for simple buyer-seller interactions.
B2B e-commerce sales made through marketplaces are expected to represent an increased share of total global B2B e-commerce sales. Additionally, online channels were widely used by businesses to make repeat and bulk B2B purchases. The latest report also reveals that almost three-quarters of B2B merchants have already built their own marketplace in December 2021.
In terms of cross-border B2B e-commerce sales, China maintains a strong position in the Asia-Pacific market, expecting to see a peak in its cross-border B2B e-commerce sales growth rate in 2022, the rate growth will decline steadily while remaining in double digits until 2025. India is also expected to witness strong growth in its B2B e-commerce sales growing significantly from 2020 to 2025 as mentioned in the post.
The growth curve is also similar for the United States, as it is also expected to maintain double-digit growth in terms of B2B e-commerce site sales in 2025. The expectations of B2B sellers in Europe remain positive as they expect that B2B e-commerce sales will continue. increase through 2025. The Middle East market will also experience a growth impulse in terms of B2B e-commerce sales
Although the B2B e-commerce market is growing with the introduction of technology trends such as AI, big data analytics, and business process automation, some challenges still remain.
As the use of the B2B e-commerce platform increases, customer expectations of it change. According to a source quoted in the new report, nearly two-thirds of B2B buyers expect to have a smartphone app to facilitate their online purchases.
A majority of buyers give the same or more weight to online channels than to traditional channels and therefore except that B2B merchants meet their expectations. As for the most innovative technology trends, big data analytics, AI, self-service portals, and business process automation have been applied to the B2B e-commerce market, and a growing number of sellers are now investing in cutting-edge technology to optimize their B2B e-commerce platforms.
Additionally, the improvement of e-commerce platforms and the use of product information management systems as well as customer relationship management system remain the main areas of investment for 2022.
Despite these measures taken by B2B sellers, the majority of B2B consumers still face challenges, with delivery and tracking, relationship with suppliers, and availability of product information and features ranking high on the list. B2B processes needing improvement.
Issues covered in the report
- What is the projected development of the B2B e-commerce market in the coming years?
- What are the most common B2B e-commerce channels through which buyers purchase products and services?
- What are the emerging trends dominating the B2B eCommerce market?
- What are the main B2B markets in different regions?
- B2B e-commerce market overview and trends, July 2022
- Share of B2B purchases made online vs offline, by pre-pandemic and post-pandemic, in % of B2B buyers, August 2021
- Share of B2B buyers using online and offline channels, by type of purchase, in % of B2B buyers, August 2021
- Most frequently used channels to place an order, % of B2B buyers, August 2021
- Distribution of preferred channels for researching before buying, in % of B2B buyers, February 2021
- Share of B2B buyers who prefer to buy or pay through digital channels, in %, 2021
- Use of online channels for research at different stages of the purchase process, in % of B2B buyers, August 2021
- Most important information B2B buyers look for online before visiting a physical store, % of B2B buyers, February 2021
- Factors considered when choosing a B2B e-commerce site, % of B2B buyers, 2021
- Breakdown of B2B website traffic, by desktop and mobile, in %, December 2021
- Share of B2B interactions between buyers and sellers, by channel, in %, 2025f
- Share of B2B buyers who have changed supplier in the past, in %, 2021e
- Top 3 aspects to improve buyer experience, % of B2B buyers, February 2021
- Share of B2B buyers facing the challenge of customer experience during the purchase process, in %, August 2021
- Challenges faced by B2B buyers during the purchase process, in % of B2B buyers, August 2021
- Top 5 challenges B2B buyers face when researching purchases, % of B2B buyers, 2020 & 2021
- Priorities for technology investment in B2B e-commerce, % of B2B sellers, 2021e
- Top B2B e-commerce trends for 2022 according to B2B specialists, in % of respondents, December 2021
- Top technology investments in B2B e-commerce for 2022 according to B2B specialists, in % of respondents, 2022e
- Preferred online channels for purchase, % of B2B buyers, February 2021
- B2B e-commerce sales via marketplaces, USD trillion, 2020 and 2025f
- Share of B2B e-commerce sales made via marketplaces, in %, 2020 & 2025f
- Share of B2B companies that have built their own marketplace vs. share of B2B companies that will never consider building their own marketplace, in % of B2B companies, December 2021
- Transaction value of cross-border B2B payments, USD trillion, 2021 and 2026f
- Share of payments by bank transfer, in % of the value of cross-border B2B e-commerce transactions, 2021 and 2026f
- Top payment options requested by B2B buyers, in % of B2B buyers, 2021
- UNITED STATES
- American companies
- AB max
- MSC Direct
- Retail business
- Scout Action
- Thomas Net
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/febg4m